Friday, August 7, 2015

New Students and Opening The Remnant Shop!

Some of our new students for sewing class,
and teacher Richard, ready to start!

Two years ago we, at StoneHouse Ministries, decided to give needy women an opportunity to learn sewing and tailoring skills. As we progress we see a need to provide them with a good school program to prepare them for a career. Most are not able to pay the full cost of tuition. We offer you an opportunity to help by giving financial support to sponsor a student's tuition. We encourage them to pay what they are able to, but because they will be in school 5 days a week, it will be a struggle for them to pay the fees and still provide for their children. Many are widows or single mothers. 




The single mothers have been abandoned by their husbands and left in poverty to raise their children without support.

These are some of the women we're helping:

Elizabeth Wangui, single mother of 
two girls, age 12 and 14.

Agnes Wangui, single mother, 16 year old son.

Rose Lusweti, 16 years old, 
abandoned by her parents.

Margaret, a widow with children.

Agnes Wambui, young married, 
18 years old, and supported by her husband. 
There are some good men in Kenya who 
want to take care of their families. 
We welcome them to our sewing school.

Jane Watetu, single mother of
two children age 10 and 14.
She wants to be able to work 

and help others less 
fortunate than herself.

Margaret Mumbi is a housewife 
with a 3 year old daughter. 
She wants to improve her family life 
by learning tailoring.

Winnie Nyambura is a widow. 
She has 3 children and one grandchild. 
Two of her children live with her 
and she is their only support. 


We've also been able to provide a job for a qualified teacher and manager for the sewing school, Richard Otieno. Richard is married and has a 5 year old daughter. He has faithfully taken care of his family with his tailoring business for the past 15 years. He comes to us highly recommended. He just started his first class at 'The Remnant Shop' on August 3, 2015


Richard Otieno

When asked why he wanted the job teaching sewing classes this was his reply, "I want this job because I started tailoring when I was in primary school and I loved it very much with my heart. I believe, what I see with my eyes, I can do. I am a believer because with out God you cannot achieve anything. That's why before I leave my house each day I have to pray."

More smiling students....


Elizabeth Gitobu, single mother and grandmother. 


Zippy Mwaniki, widow with 3 children.


Ann Wanjiku, married with children.


As we've continued to grow we've been able to open a shop and provide work for some of the ladies who are making good quality products to sell in gifts shops and to individuals. We are adding to the inventory daily and are hopeful for a good response. 

We call our shop:

"The Remnant Shop"

“Grace has come from Yahweh our God 
to preserve a remnant for us and give us a secure hold in His holy place. Even in our bondage, God has given us new life and light to our eyes.”  Ezra 9:8

StoneHouse Ministries International

We, at SMI, are ministering to women whose greatest desire is simply to be able to provide for their children. Our sewing school offers these women the training and job opportunities necessary to become self-sufficient in meeting the needs of their families. These precious women have been abandoned and left to face life’s demands… alone. Yet now, there is a ‘light in their eyes’ and ‘new life’ in their hearts



Hoodies with pockets made from genuine Maasai blankets, in many beautiful colors, are a big hit!


Fit for all ages ....
adult and children sizes small, medium and large.





Try our colorful and comfortable lounging, scrub suits made with beautiful woven African fabric called "Kikoi".


....and our beautiful bed and pillow covers 
made with genuine Maasai blankets.



All products of 
The Remnant Shop 
are made by widows, needy, and abandoned women, and all profits are designated for their benefit.

Please help us to help them.


Sponsor a sewing student for $30.00 a month 
or $300.00 a year. 


One time donation for a sewing machine - $400.00 
or donate any amount to help with overhead, 
fabrics and sewing supplies.

Contact us by sending a message on the sidebar.


Our website is under construction. 

http:www.stonehouseministries.org

Please visit our facebook page 
to see what we're currently doing here in Kenya.




Many thanks from your Kenya missionaries,
David and Cynthia Taylor


8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love the garments that they are making! And they are beautiful women...the Lord bless them and their families. Thank you for this update. We are praying for you all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. This was excellent & clear. Do we pick someone to sponsor or is it shared?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shammah, so glad you liked the blog. It's my favorite project. You can choose a student or if you'd rather, we can choose for you.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for encouraging comments. Yes you can choose a student to sponsor or if you'd rather we can choose for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. I pick Margaret. Should I use the Paypal button? I can't get to Selmer right now, and I have no one in the office this week to contribute our normal way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally hope and doing well. I am so encouraged by what you are doing w/ the sewing school. What a good and necessary work. I would like to sponsor 1 student monthly. Could I do that through RCVM?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a mother of two young children, when I went through a divorce years ago.it was tough, but I came through the process with a smile on my face with the help of Dr JAMES love spell on my husband, A very good friend of mine saw what I was going through about my divorce and told me about Dr James love spell will restore my marriage back and I contacted Dr James on his Email [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com] told him my marriage problem and he assured me that my marriage will be restored.on our agreement he did a love spell on my husband few days later he came back home asked for my forgiveness. I was shocked that love spell can quickly restore failing marriage into a brand new loving me again. I strongly believed and recommend Dr James love spell to any couple considering a divorce or having a relationship problems should contact Dr James on his Email [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com] Trust he will help you out of this. He can as well help you win your court case too

    ReplyDelete